Show Comments ▼ Share whatsapp Eurozone employment climbed 0.1 per cent quarter-by-quarter in the final three months of 2010 after being stagnant in the third quarter. Meanwhile, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) said unemployment fell across its member states for the second consecutive month, down 0.1 per cent to 8.4 per cent in January. whatsapp Euro employment steadily rising More From Our Partners Supermodel Anne Vyalitsyna claims income drop, pushes for child supportnypost.comAstounding Fossil Discovery in California After Man Looks Closelygoodnewsnetwork.orgMatt Gaetz swindled by ‘malicious actors’ in $155K boat sale boondogglenypost.comBrave 7-Year-old Boy Swims an Hour to Rescue His Dad and Little Sistergoodnewsnetwork.orgA ProPublica investigation has caused outrage in the U.S. this weekvaluewalk.comPolice Capture Elusive Tiger Poacher After 20 Years of Pursuing the Huntergoodnewsnetwork.orgRussell Wilson, AOC among many voicing support for Naomi Osakacbsnews.comNative American Tribe Gets Back Sacred Island Taken 160 Years Agogoodnewsnetwork.orgI blew off Adam Sandler 22 years ago — and it’s my biggest regretnypost.com Tags: NULL KCS-content Tuesday 15 March 2011 8:22 pm
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter Regions: Europe Western Europe Netherlands Dutch government halts Holland Casino carve-up Unions have reacted positively to the news that the proposed privatisation of state-owned Holland Casino has been called off by Justice Minister Sander Dekker following political opposition to the plans from within the Senate. Topics: Casino & games Casino & games Unions have reacted positively to the news that the proposed privatisation of state-owned Holland Casino has been called off by Justice Minister Sander Dekker following political opposition to the plans from within the Senate.Dekker announced on Friday that he would be withdrawing the Casino Gaming Modernisation bill, which was originally passed by the Dutch government’s lower house two years ago.The FNV and De Unie trade unions hailed the decision, having expressed fears that the move could increase the risks of problem gambling and money laundering whilst harming working conditions for casino staff.Under the proposals, 10 of the monopoly’s 14 casinos would have been sold off, whilst retaining the Holland Casino brand. The remaining four venues would have been sold separately while two new licences would have been awarded for new facilities.It remains to be seen whether the casino bill – or an amended version of it – will be resubmitted at a later date. Holland Casino did not respond immediately to a request from iGamingBusiness.com to comment on the development.According to Kansspelautoriteit, the country’s gambling regulator, political groups in the Senate had serious doubts about plans to coincide the privatisation with the introduction of the Remote Gaming Act, which was approved by the Senate in February, opening up the market to iGaming operators.Holland Casino CEO Erwin van Lambaart said in April that the monopoly’s preparations for the online market launch were “on schedule”. The first licences are expected to be awarded in the middle of next year.Holland Casino announced last month that it had posted a year-on-year drop in profit in 2018, despite a boost in turnover due to two new casinos in Amsterdam and Groningen.Revenue totalled €656.5m (£566m/$740m), up 2.7% on the previous year, but profit after tax slipped from €73.5m to €59.5m and earnings before interest and deductions fell from €140.8m to €114.9m.Image: fotogoocom Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter 20th May 2019 | By contenteditor Email Address
Projects CopyApartments•Toulouse, France CopyAbout this officeBetillon & Freyermuth ArchitectsOfficeFollow#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousingApartmentsToulouseOn FacebookFrancePublished on October 26, 2020Cite: “Apartment 05 / Betillon & Freyermuth Architects” 26 Oct 2020. ArchDaily. Accessed 10 Jun 2021.
CopyAbout this officeCumulus StudioOfficeFollowProductWood#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesOn FacebookSidmouthAustraliaPublished on May 28, 2021Cite: “Darkwood Residence / Cumulus Studio” 27 May 2021. ArchDaily. Accessed 10 Jun 2021.
Car recycling network Cartakeback has set up an initiative that enables people to donate their old car and turn it into a cash donation to charity. Charitycar is working with a range of charities including Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK, Trinity Hospice, The Rainforest Foundation, BEN, and Abbeyfield.Charity Car collects the donors old car free of charge at a time that suits them. It will then be sold at auction or, if it is not saleable, any reusable parts will be recovered and sold, with the remaining materials recycled.Since it was set up in May 2011 it has raised “hundreds of thousands of pounds” for its charity partners, according to Managing Director Graham Price.Charity Car says that it “donates 100% of the market value of your scrap car”.www.charitycar.co.uk 30 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 15 January 2012 | News About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Tagged with: Donated goods Recycling Trading Charities to benefit from donated used cars via Charity Car AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis
Facebook Twitter Low commodity prices have made things tough by bringing down land values, tightening balance sheets, and increasing the stress level of America’s producers. Unfortunately, that means farmers are continuing to take on more debt. The amount of outstanding farm debt is likely to reach an all-time high this year. Brent Gloy, of Agricultural Economic Insights, says, if the debt level climbs another 5 percent from current levels, it will reach an all-time high. MILK online says, unlike the 1980s farm crisis, farm debt to asset ratios are still very low today in comparison. A Farmer Mac research expert says the amount of leverage on farms over the past several years remains low. USDA historical data shows that, in spite of that large amount of debt, farmers are still in good position. The Economic Research Service shows debt-to-asset ratio is 14 percent. During the 1980s, that same number reached a high of over 22 percent.The lowest point was back in 2012 at 11.3 percent. Farm prices were very volatile ahead of the 1980’s crash, which meant farmers did not have an opportunity to stockpile assets. Going into this downturn, record-high commodity prices helped farmers get their financial houses set up before prices tumbled.Source: NAFB News Service Farm Debt Likely to Reach All-Time High in 2017 Facebook Twitter SHARE Home Indiana Agriculture News Farm Debt Likely to Reach All-Time High in 2017 SHARE Previous articleWomen in Agriculture Award Winners Share a Commitment to ConservationNext articleState Fair Celebration of Champions Honors 4-H Youth at Indiana Farmers Coliseum NAFB News Service By NAFB News Service – Aug 21, 2017
NewsLocal NewsSchool caretaker had gravest images of child pornBy admin – January 29, 2013 1348 Facebook WhatsApp Linkedin Report by Andrew Carey – [email protected] PRIMARY school caretaker and Church of Ireland lay minister attached to St Michael’s Church, Pery Square in Limerick, has been jailed for having some of “the gravest images” of child pornography on his home computer. 62-year-old Gerard Fitzgerald was handed down a five months prison sentence after the court heard from det gda Michael Hogan of the computer crime forensic unit in Harcourt Street, Dublin that evidence of 13 images, that had tried to be concealed and deleted, were found on the Dell PC owned by the semi retired caretaker.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Judge Eugene O’Kelly said that he was very concerned that the part-time caretaker had sought out such work given the defendant’s “appetites” for such pornographic material and Mr Fitzgerald’s possession of images said to have been at the “most severe end of the scale”.The court heard that Mr Fitzgerald was a retired man on a disability allowance but was paid by St Michael’s Church to act as a caretaker for the adjacent primary school. He also denied knowledge of having the images on his computer on March 19, 2010, but had admitted to gardai, during interview, that he did look at child porn “once or twice a week”.Retired Detective Garda Martin Hogan, formerly attached to Harcourt Street garda Station and the Garda computer crime investigation unit based there, gave evidence of examining a computer that gardai seized when a warrant to search the home of Mr Fitzgerald was executed.He told the court that forensic software was used to extrapolate the data and the file location and history of the 13 images of child pornography.The data uncovered that the images were viewed through a media player and had been created in October 2009 and were most recently accessed just four days before gardai arrived to his home in March 2010.In follow-up investigations and further questioning of Mr Fitzgerald, the court heard that the Church of Ireland lay minister said he had images in a file folder called “Papist Humour” and when he was shown the 13 images, the defendant admitted having seen six images of naked children with the genitals exposed. He denied any knowledge of having seen the more explicit images where children, as young as five or six, were pictured involved in more graphic sexual exploitation including oral and penetrative sex. Mr Fitzgerald said those images “did not ring a bell” with him.Det gda Hogan said in evidence that the media player application retained a history and the cache memory threw up the evidence of these images being viewed.As the case was contested on a point of law by the defence as to Gerard Fitzgerald not having any knowledge of the images being on his computer, the investigating garda read the two interviews made with the accused.Garda Niall Fitzgerald said that the primary school caretaker admitted that he “browsed the web for pornography, including bestiality. I find it interesting and intriguing how low people can go, the depths of depravity.”The court heard from the memos that the defendant viewed the images out of curiosity and not for sexual gratification.The only explanation offered by Mr Fitzgerald for his interest was that he was sexually abused as a child but “didn’t think that viewing child porn was sexual abuse itself”.Having said that he was not computer literate, Judge O’Kelly said that he did not accept these claims of Mr Fitzgerald or the that he was a man “with little knowledge of computers”,Addressing Mark Nicholas, counsel for the defence, Judge O’Kelly said that it was clear that the accused man had a level of computer knowledge to know what a “temporary file folder was and that “specific forensic software could wipe histories”.“He himself has admitted that he downloaded these images in order to enlarge them and admitted downloading them into a file he rather curiously called ‘Papist Humour’. He acknowledged he had seen images which in his opinion were less offensive but denied having seen the more obscenely graphic images, protesting rather unconvincingly that they didn’t ‘ring a bell’,” Judge O’Kelly said.Prior to sentencing Gerard Fitzgerald to five months in prison, Judge O’Kelly asked Det Garda Hogan as to what scale these images ranked at and the court was told that although the quantity was small, their content was “at the most severe end of the scale”.Gerard Fitzgerald’s name was placed on the sex offender’s register for five years. Previous articleTwo year sentence for what was in Rose’s gardenNext articleLimerick models launch new Gathering stamp admin Advertisement Twitter Email Print
Local NewsEducation Issues discussed at Spaghetti with Sandy By admin – February 15, 2018 University of Texas of the Permian Basin President Sandra Woodley answers a students question about online classes during “Spaghetti with Sandy” Wednesday in the Student Activity Center. Registration set for engineering camp OCA top 2 were ESL students Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp WhatsApp Twitter Facebook Facebook University of Texas of the Permian Basin President Sandra Woodley said she has requested a little more than $3 million from the UT System to renovate the Student Activity Center and offer a one-stop shop for students who need to pay bills or register.Woodley told about 60 people attending Spaghetti with Sandy at the Student Activity Center that she has asked Chartwells, the university’s food service company, about getting a Chick-fil-A in the building. She also would like to have the food service stay open later at the SAC and has asked Chartwells to offer vending machines with more substantial items than candy bars when Starbucks is closed that way students can hang out, study and watch TV with friends.In addition, Woodley said she has talked for the past two months about a campus transformation project and plans to bring in architects to formulate a facilities master plan.Woodley said the quad doesn’t get used as much as it could because it has grass burs and there is no shade or a comfortable place to sit outside the Student Activity Center.She said she would also like to renovate the lobby of the Mesa Building to create a welcome center so people can get their questions answered and create better way-finding signs so people know where to go.Woodley added that she would like to grow the amenities offered and ensure that students have clubs. Students also are concerned about security, so she would like to make sure that the parking lot lights stay on longer. She said a proposed tuition and fees increase that regents will vote on in March could fund some of the items on her list.Woodley added that she is looking for student input on campus transformation plans. She said the students’ list is surprisingly similar to hers. Examples are beautifying the campus, having functional spaces for the students to study longer and making sure that the food is good.Students who are of age have also asked about being able to drink on campus under certain conditions and at events. Woodley said the police department has made a recommendation for that, as well, for safety.She said there have been instances where students have declined to call police because if they were robbed, for example, because they had been drinking and there is a no-tolerance policy for alcohol on campus.“We’ll work through that. Generally, I think we need to allow opportunities for adults to be responsible. That’s my own personal opinion. It’s going through the vetting process. I’ll make a decision on that pretty soon,” Woodley said. “Along the same vein, I think we ought to have opportunities for pets on campus in some of the dorms. …”Student Senate member Jasmine Nelson has been to several of the forums with the president.“I get to hear the issues from a more personal aspect in the Senate. I also like to see that the rest of the student body is interacting and trying to get more information about what’s going on on campus,” Nelson said.More Information UTPB. Home Local News Education Issues discussed at Spaghetti with Sandy Previous articleDinner and dance fundraiserNext articleElection punt complicates November admin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Noel earns award Slap Your Mama It’s So Delicious Southern Squash CasseroleFoolproof Roasted Pork TenderloinVirgin Coco MojitoPowered By 10 Sec Mama’s Deviled Eggs NextStay
Home / Daily Dose / Qualified Mortgage Guidelines Haven’t Lowered Risk The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago February 24, 2014 651 Views The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Share Save Tagged with: American Enterprise Institute CFPB Mortgage Risk Sign up for DS News Daily Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Previous: Black Knight’s Home Price Index Shows Increase Next: DS News Webcast: Tuesday 2/25/2014 Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Subscribe Related Articles Print This Post American Enterprise Institute CFPB Mortgage Risk 2014-02-24 Tory Barringer Last month’s implementation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) qualified mortgage (QM) guidelines did little to stem the rise of mortgage risk across the nation, according to the latest from the American Enterprise Institute (AEI).The group’s National Mortgage Risk Index (NMRI), a measure of loan performance under stressful economic conditions, increased to a reading of 11.8 percent in January from 10.6 percent at the end of 2013.The index saw the greatest lift from a rise in the share of purchase loans backed by the government, which was up to 33 percent. The stressed default rate among those loans increased to 23.7 percent. Isolating only loans backed by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the default rate was 24.4 percent.Among loans sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the stressed default rate was 5.8 percent; an index value of 6 or lower is “indicative of conditions conducive to a stable market,” AEI said.In addition to FHA’s elevated presence in the market, AEI fellow and index co-creator Edward Pinto linked last month’s increase in risk to reports of lenders loosening credit standards—including the revelation that Wells Fargo has dipped its toes back into subprime waters.”What’s really going on here is that means they’ve lowered the floor on their FHA lending … again, I believe responding to political pressure from HUD and FHA,” Pinto said in a press call.AEI also released for the first its State-Level Mortgage Risk Index (SMRI), which showed Mississippi topping the ranks in terms of stressed default risk with an index score above 15 percent. Louisiana followed with a reading near 14 percent, while a number of states ranged between 12-13 percent.Most of those high-ranking states also have the highest concentration of government-insured mortgages.”In Mississippi, half the loans that were originated in this three-month period were FHA loans,” remarked Stephen Oliner, resident scholar for AEI and the other creative mind behind the index.Hawaii was the least risky state last month, though its own index still came in above AEI’s “safe” level of 6 percent.Compared to December, only three states experienced a decline in default risk: Hawaii, Arkansas, and North Dakota. South Dakota remained more or less flat from where it was, while every other state saw their respective indexes climb.”It’s clear that the national pattern we see is very, very widespread across the country,” Oliner said. in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, Headlines, News Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Qualified Mortgage Guidelines Haven’t Lowered Risk The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago