Cairn Energy’s share price falls on full-year results, asset sales and acquisition news Click here to claim your copy now — and we’ll tell you the name of this Top US Share… free of charge! .The Cairn Energy (LSE: CNE) share price has fallen in Tuesday trade so far following a string of market updates. The UK oil share has since pared gains but, at 192p per share, it remains 3% down from Monday’s close.Cairn Energy announced today that revenues slumped 26% year-on-year in 2020 to $324.5m. This was due to the collapse in oil prices which accompanied the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent economic downturn. Cairn realised an average price of $42.56 a barrel last year versus the $65.70 it achieved back in 2019.5G is here – and shares of this ‘sleeping giant’ could be a great way for you to potentially profit!According to one leading industry firm, the 5G boom could create a global industry worth US$12.3 TRILLION out of thin air…And if you click here we’ll show you something that could be key to unlocking 5G’s full potential…Meanwhile, production costs rose 12% between 2020 and the previous year to $75.9m. This added to Cairn Energy’s woes and, as a consequence, the company swung to a pre-tax loss of $117.5m. This compares with the profit of $119.2m the oilie reported back in 2019.Production drops tooOn the production front, Cairn Energy said that its net average was 21,350 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2020. This was in line with guidance, but down from the 23,739 barrels which it reported in 2019.The fossil fuel giant said production at its Kraken asset in the North Sea “remained strong throughout the year.” Production here averaged around 37,500 barrels of oil equivalent a day, up from approximately 35,600 barrels in 2019. But output at its offshore Catcher field was less impressive. Operational problems in the fourth quarter meant production here averaged around 51,200 barrels per day in 2020. This was down from around 67,200 a day the previous year.Big changes at Cairn EnergyTuesday’s been a busy day over at Cairn Energy. On top of those full-year results, the oil company announced big changes to its asset portfolio.First off, Cairn announced its intention to sell its interests in Kraken and Catcher to Waldorf Production Limited for $460m. An additional contingent will be payable depending upon oil prices between now and 2025 too.Cairn Energy said that “the divestment of these assets, as they fall into natural decline, will further strengthen our ability to pursue Cairn’s strategic goals.”The company also announced it plans to acquire “a portfolio of upstream oil and gas production, development and exploration interests” from Royal Dutch Shell with fellow fossil fuel explorer Cheiron.The assets — which are located in Egypt’s Western Desert region — will initially cost a combined $646m. An additional $280m will be payable on certain requirements being met. Cairn and Cheiron will be liable for a 50/50 split on these amounts.Cairn Energy said that the portfolio “offers low cost production, near-term development and exploration potential, provides immediate operating cashflow contribution and adjusts our overall hydrocarbon split towards gas.”The company estimates that the assets will add between 33,000 and 38,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day to group production in 2021. Approximately two-thirds of this total is comprised of natural gas. Our 6 ‘Best Buys Now’ Shares “This Stock Could Be Like Buying Amazon in 1997” Royston Wild has no position in any of the shares mentioned. The Motley Fool UK has no position in any of the shares mentioned. Views expressed on the companies mentioned in this article are those of the writer and therefore may differ from the official recommendations we make in our subscription services such as Share Advisor, Hidden Winners and Pro. Here at The Motley Fool we believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. Renowned stock-picker Mark Rogers and his analyst team at The Motley Fool UK have named 6 shares that they believe UK investors should consider buying NOW.So if you’re looking for more stock ideas to try and best position your portfolio today, then it might be a good day for you. Because we’re offering a full 33% off your first year of membership to our flagship share-tipping service, backed by our ‘no quibbles’ 30-day subscription fee refund guarantee. Simply click below to discover how you can take advantage of this. I would like to receive emails from you about product information and offers from The Fool and its business partners. Each of these emails will provide a link to unsubscribe from future emails. More information about how The Fool collects, stores, and handles personal data is available in its Privacy Statement. Royston Wild | Tuesday, 9th March, 2021 | More on: CNE I’m sure you’ll agree that’s quite the statement from Motley Fool Co-Founder Tom Gardner.But since our US analyst team first recommended shares in this unique tech stock back in 2016, the value has soared.What’s more, we firmly believe there’s still plenty of upside in its future. In fact, even throughout the current coronavirus crisis, its performance has been beating Wall St expectations.And right now, we’re giving you a chance to discover exactly what has got our analysts all fired up about this niche industry phenomenon, in our FREE special report, A Top US Share From The Motley Fool. Image source: Getty Images. Enter Your Email Address See all posts by Royston Wild
Organisation However, when Villamor and the surveyors arrived at Matanglad, they were blocked by a group of soldiers. What Villamor pulled out at this point was not a firearm but a phone with which to call the police with the aim of resolving the problem. But the soldiers opened fire, killing him on the spot. RSF_en News Ronnie Villamor is the fourth Philippine journalist to be killed this year (image: NUJP – RSF). to go further But his colleagues gave an entirely different version of events. The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines said Villamor, who was based in Masbate and freelanced for various media outlets on the island, had gone to cover a land survey in a locality known as Matanglad to be carried out by four surveyors at the landowner’s request. Villamor even told the local police in advance that the survey was going to take place. News Receive email alerts News “The investigation’s initial findings clearly show that Ronnie Villamor was the victim of a terrible military blunder,” said Daniel Bastard, the head of RSF’s Asia-Pacific desk. “So that no one can protect those responsible for the shooting by eliminating evidence or testimony, we urge the Philippine authorities to appoint a fully independent team to investigate this shocking murder.” PhilippinesAsia – Pacific Condemning abusesProtecting journalists Violence Philippines: RSF and the #HoldTheLine Coalition welcome reprieve for Maria Ressa, demand all other charges and cases be dropped Filipina journalist still held although court dismissed case eleven days ago June 1, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Villamor was the fourth Philippine journalist to be killed this year. Just four days before his murder, radio presenter Virgilio Maganes was gunned down by two men on a motor scooter outside his home in Villasis, in the northern province of Pangasinan, on the morning of 10 November. News Deadly blunder November 18, 2020 Reporter fatally shot in “encounter” with soldiers in the Philippines Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls for a fully independent investigation into how freelance reporter Ronnie Villamor came to be fatally shot by soldiers when about to cover a survey of a disputed piece of land in the island province of Masbate, in the central Philippines. Mass international solidarity campaign launched in support of Maria Ressa According to the local police, whose account is – at the very least – controversial, Ronnie Villamor was shot at around 1:30 p.m. on 14 November in the municipality of Milagros when he allegedly pulled out a firearm during an “encounter” with soldiers. Follow the news on Philippines May 3, 2021 Find out more February 16, 2021 Find out more The Philippines is ranked 136th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2020 World Press Freedom Index. PhilippinesAsia – Pacific Condemning abusesProtecting journalists Violence
KINGSTON, St Vincent – The recently completed Women’s Regional Super50 tournament has been hailed as a tremendous success by president of the St Vincent Cricket Association, Kishore Shallow.The newly installed director of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) spearheaded the hosting of the event in St Vincent. The tournament final was played on Sunday (April 30) and Trinidad and Tobago came out as the victors.According to Shallow the most disciplined team in the tournament deserved to win the title. “At the end of it, the most disciplined and organised team won the title. Congrats to Trinidad and Tobago!”He was also high in praise of the standard of cricket played during the tournament. “It was indeed a successful tournament. The ladies exhibited tremendous skills, which resulted in a very competitive tournament.”West Indies women’s cricket has been on the rise over the past couple years as the WICB has invested heavily in tournaments, camps and coaching programmes and the results are now showing.A number of players and officials were very happy with the level of organisation of the tournament in St Vincent. Shallow alluded to this by mentioning: “from an organisational perspective, all plans came together positively”.Shallow, who has a background in Information Technology, was able to quickly put ‘live’ scoring in place and this made it very easy for scores to be sent out from the tournament.The winning team T&T, on their return home, were celebrated at the Piarco International Airport by the Minister of Sport, Darryl Smith, the CEO of the TTCB, Suruj Ragoonath and the president of the TTWCBC, Joycelyn Opadeyi who in particular heaped praises on the TTCB.The TTCB, representing the interest of the WICB in women’s cricket in Trinidad, came to the park according to Opadeyi. “We want to thank the TTCB for all that they have done for this team. They have given everything that was asked of them for us to produce champions and this we have done.”
It almost looked like Bellinger had given away his chance to be a hero in the pivotal eighth-inning at-bat.With the Dodgers trailing 4-3, Chris Taylor and Justin Turner set the stage for Bellinger with singles off Twins reliever Taylor Rogers.“We saw it early – there’s no panic,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said of Bellinger. “He hits good pitching – left-handed, right-handed – and he doesn’t scare off in the moment.”The left-handed Rogers threw Bellinger three curveballs. Bellinger swung and missed the first one. He crushed the second one, sending it high – and foul – down the right-field line. Bellinger reacted quickly, spinning away from home plate in frustration.“Rogers is a really good pitcher, a left-on-left guy,” Roberts said. “He hung a breaker and Cody felt that was a pitch he should have handled and kept it in play. He got out in front of it a little too much.“Fortunately for us, he threw the same pitch.”Rogers went to the well again and Bellinger was on his third curveball. This time, he stayed in the middle of the field – where there are no troublesome poles, only a wall. Bellinger drove the 0-and-2 curveball out to straightaway center field.“I just tried to put a good swing on it,” Bellinger said. “In that situation, I was just looking for a single. It probably didn’t look like that on the other swing. But we were only down one (run). I was just thinking single.”Bellinger faces a long future of facing lefty specialists in the major leagues. One he remembers facing in Double-A last season benefitted from his heroics Monday.Bellinger’s home run made a winner of Edward Paredes in his major-league debut. The journeyman reliever spent 11 seasons in the minor leagues with four organizations before making his major-league debut with a scoreless top of the eighth against the Twins.“It’s been a long 11 years,” Paredes said through an interpreter before thanking God and family. “It was quite a surprise (when he got the call about finally being promoted).”Paredes was one of three pitchers added to the Dodgers roster Monday as Kershaw and Brandon McCarthy went on the DL. Left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu came off the injured list and turned in what has become the frequent template for a non-Kershaw start this season – five innings and two runs allowed.It was the 45th time in 100 games this season that a Dodgers starter lasted five innings or fewer. And it was the 71st time their starting pitcher allowed two earned runs or fewer.Ryu left with a 3-2 lead after the Dodgers realized just how little Twins right-hander Bartolo Colon has left at age 44.Making his second start for the Twins after being released by the Braves, Colon held the Dodgers scoreless through four innings, throwing 47 pitches in that time. Five of them registered as changeups (between 80 and 82 mph). The rest were fastballs, though none traveled more than 91 mph.That’s the entire Colon repertoire at this point and the Dodgers caught on in the fifth inning. Yasmani Grandal and Joc Pederson hit back-to-back home runs and Yasiel Puig followed with a triple. Taylor drove him in with a two-out RBI single.The lead didn’t last. Grant Dayton replaced Ryu in the sixth inning and retired just one of the four batters he faced. Eddie Rosario tied the game with a solo home run. Only an outstanding running catch by Puig on Brian Dozier’s bases-loaded drive to the right field corner prevented further damage.Instead, Josh Fields did the damage in the seventh inning. He hit Miguel Sano with a pitch. Two batters later, Rosario was a problem for the Dodgers again. He hit a sinking line drive to left field that bounced high over Taylor’s head for an RBI double.That gave the Twins a 4-3 lead heading into the eighth inning. But the Dodgers have now scored 107 runs in the eighth inning of games or later.“These numbers – when we have a lead, we win games. And when we’re behind, we don’t quit,” Roberts said. “We find a way to win and play to the last out. As long as there’s outs on the board, we don’t quit.” The win was the Dodgers’ 69th in their first 100 games this season. Only three teams since the 1969 expansion – only one in the National League (the 1970 Cincinnati Reds) – have won more.• Related: How bad is Clayton Kershaw’s back?“One day at a time,” Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen said of the ace-less life ahead. “That’s what’s so great about this team. We just keep competing. That’s all that we have to think about. Don’t give away any pitches. Don’t give away any at-bats.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error LOS ANGELES >> If Sunday wasn’t indication enough, Monday made it clear. Life will go on for the Dodgers without Clayton Kershaw.Since losing their ace to a back injury early in Sunday’s game, the Dodgers rallied to claim a dramatic victory for the second consecutive game. They needed 10 innings to reclaim a lost lead to beat the Atlanta Braves on Sunday afternoon. They just needed Cody Bellinger on Monday. His three-run home run in the eighth inning brought them from behind and gave the Dodgers a 6-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins.