Tag: 附近找个学生妹玩一下

Journalist threatened by drug traffickers with being “burned alive”

first_imgNews Follow the news on Dominican Republic Dominican RepublicAmericas Dominican RepublicAmericas Help by sharing this information News News January 24, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Journalist threatened by drug traffickers with being “burned alive” September 22, 2014 Find out more Organisation to go furthercenter_img Journalists wounded while covering street clashes in Santo Domingo February 15, 2017 Find out more June 25, 2015 Find out more Receive email alerts Hostile climate for Dominican media since start of 2015 RSF_en The anonymous death threats that have been made against Manuel Vega, a journalist and TV producer who has often denounced drug trafficking in the eastern province of Hato Mayor, should be taken seriously by the Dominican authorities, Reporters Without Borders said today, calling for Vega to be given protection that is appropriate to the serious risks he is running“It is incomprehensible that the government and its relevant departments have not already come to Vega’s aid,” the press freedom organisation said. “Is he being made to pay for alleging that certain officials in Hato Mayor are colluding with drug traffickers? Everyone knows that a journalist who tackles drug trafficking is taking a big risk. Vega’s allegations call for significant measures against organised crime. The threats that have been made against him mean he should get substantial protection.”The producer of “Atacando,” a programme broadcast by the privately-owned TV station Canal 10-Varo Visión and radio 95.5 FM in Hato Mayor province, Vega has dedicated several of his recent editions to drug trafficking in the region. He reported yesterday that he had been repeatedly threatened in the past week. An anonymous caller told he was “causing problems” and would be “burned alive” it he continued to cover this subject.Vega said he thought the threats were coming from a Dominican who recently returned home after serving a sentence for drug trafficking in the United States. He accused the authorities of “indifference” and said he did not trust the regional police, which was “contaminated” by drug trafficking, he claimed.Vega has received the support of the National Union of Press Workers (SNTP), one of the country’s leading media unions, which has called on the government to conduct a “thorough investigation” into the case. Currently being protected by relatives and friends, Vega has said he will continue to work despite the threats. News Dominican Republic: News presenter and producer gunned down in mid-broadcastlast_img read more

Limerick mother “blown away” by response to appeal for funds for…

first_imgTwitter Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live A Limerick mother of one said she is “blown away” by the response to her urgent appeal for emergency funds to enrol her young son in a US cancer trial, that could help save his life.Friends of Eleanor Murnane, from Murroe, set up a gofundme account online, last Tuesday, which this Sunday had raised over €220,000 of a €375,000 goal.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The funds will go towards travel, accommodation, and costs of the New York cancer trial, which is scheduled to begin in January.“I’m just blown away by the kindness of so many people. I really can’t thank people enough for their donations, prayers and text messages,” said Ms Murnane.Her son, Theo, (3), was diagnosed with Stage Four cancer two weeks after his second birthday in May 2018, after doctors at University Hospital Limerick found a large tumour in his abdomen had spread to his bones and scalp.“He’s my only boy, so I need to get him to New York, I can’t afford to wait, but I need €375,000,” Ms Murnane said.Ms Murnane said the treatment that is being made available in New York involves “an enhanced round of immunotherapy” which is hoped will considerably lower the chances Theo’s cancer returning.The trial is initially scheduled for one year.“We hope to be over there for a month initially and then travel back and forth over the year. It will hopefully massively improve his chances. I don’t want to regret not doing this and for it to be too late, so I have no choice but to try,” she said.“It takes a community to raise a child and my community have been incredible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your donations, prayers, and messages,” she said.Theo is just finishing seven months of harsh chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as well as a round of immunotherapy, which Ms Murnane explained “trains the white cells to recognise and fight cancer cells”.After he was rushed by ambulance from UHL to Crumlin Children’s Hospital, doctors diagnosed Theo with Stage 4 high-risk neuroblastoma, and within hours the little boy was receiving his first dose of chemotherapy and “our world had fallen apart”.“Since then, Theo has had his tumour removed and gone through numerous rounds of chemotherapy, a double stem cell transplant, fourteen rounds of radiotherapy and six rounds of immunotherapy.”However there have been “setbacks along the way, including two very serious infections which had him admitted to Intensive Care”.Ms Murnane said she has “come scarily close” to loosing her son to cancer, but thankfully he has  continued to “defy all odds and battle through”.“He is just about to finish his last round of immunotherapy, after which we are hopeful for a clear scan. Unfortunately, with the type of cancer that Theo has, the chance of re-occurrence is extremely high, we now need help.”In a heartbreaking plea for funds, Ms Murnane said: “Today, as Theo’s mum, I am asking you to help me get Theo on a clinical trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital Cancer Centre in New York.This trial will help prevent the cancer re-occurring and greatly improve Theo’s chances of survival.”“Theo deserves a long, healthy life free from pain and fear. I have to do everything in my power to make sure he gets this. We need to raise €375,000, time is not on our side, as Theo needs to be in New York by January 2021, so we urgently need help.”The battle has been hard: “Theo is only three, yet has been in treatment for two and a half years. The last two and a half years have been incredibly tough, especially as a single parent. I have learned firsthand how precious life really is and how quickly it can all be taken away.”“I think the hardest part of cancer treatment is at the end, when everyone assumes you’re cured and you no longer need their help – This isn’t true, believe me, this is when you’re at your absolute weakest.”“I have laid my child in a surgeon’s arms and spent Christmas keeping watch over him in ICU; I have slept upright in a hospital chair and listened to the beeping of machines; I have smiled through the tears and found strength when there wasn’t any left,” Ms Murnane offered.“I have done it all for Theo, who is at the end of the day just a very normal, very precious boy, full of mischief, quick to smile, and a big fan of Tractor Ted and Paw Patrol. Today, I need my friends and community to help me give Theo the best future he can possibly have,” she said.Donations can be made via https://www.gofundme.com/f/2700p3zjuo Linkedin WhatsApp Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limerick Print Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Facebookcenter_img Previous articleDaughter of teen murdered 13 years ago makes emotional appeal for information to help put killer “behind bars”Next articleU.S. Senator Bernie Sanders and former President of Ireland Mary Robinson amongst speakers at the I.N.Y. Festival 2020 presented virtually from Limerick David Raleigh RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR LimerickNewsLimerick mother “blown away” by response to appeal for funds for son to take part in US cancer trialBy David Raleigh – November 23, 2020 283 TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick Post WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Advertisement Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener last_img read more

Cricket News Mithali Raj slams Diana Edulji, Ramesh Powar for her omission from World T20 semifinal

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi : Legendary Indian woman cricketer and ODI captain Mithali Raj on Tuesday broke her silence on her omission from the World T20 semifinal against England and slammed Committee of Administrators’ member Diana Edulji and coach Ramesh Powar. Mithali said that while coach Powar humiliated her during the ICC Women’s World T20, Edulji used her position against her. “For the first time in a 20 year long career, I felt deflated, depressed and let down. I am forced to think if my services to my country are of any value to a few people in power who are out to destroy me and break my confidence,” she wrote to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri and Cricket Operations GM Saba Karim.The 35-year-old cricketer was dropped from the playing XI for the crucial semifinal against England despite scoring back-to-back fifties in the group stage of the Women’s World T20 held in the West Indies. India performed poorly and lost the match by eight wickets.Also Read | Sourav Ganguly to Mithali Raj: ‘Welcome to the group’Mithali also clarified that he had nothing against the T20 captain Harmanpreet Kaur. However, she said that Kaur’s support to the coach’s decision was hurtful.“I would also like to point out that I have nothing against the T20 captain Harmanpreet Kaur except for the fact that her call to support the decision of the coach to leave me out of the eleven was baffling and hurtful,” she said adding that “I wanted to win the world cup for my country and it hurts me because we lost a golden opportunity.”The ODI skipper of the blue brigade lashed out at former cricketer and COA member Diana Edulji and said that EDulji’s brazen support to the decision of her benching in the semifinal left her “deeply distressed”.”I have always reposed faith in Diana Edulji and have always respected her and her position as a member of the COA. Never did I think she will use her position against me. Her brazen support in the press with regard to the decision of my benching in the semifinal of the T20 World Cup has left me deeply distressed,” Mithali said.Also Read | CoA demands Mithali Raj’s fitness logs, answers on leaked selection meetingSpeaking about Ramesh Powar’s behaviour, Mithali narrated a few incidents when she felt humiliated by the coach.“For instance, walking off if I am sitting anywhere around, watching in the nets when others bat but choosing to walk away when I am batting in nets. And if I try to go up to him to talk, he would start looking into his phone and keep walking. It was embarrassing and very evident to everyone that I was being humiliated. Yet I never lost my cool,” she added. last_img read more