Tag: 闵行吴泾kb

Tottenham’s defender given four-game ban over fan confrontation

first_img The Portuguese coach recently said he did not expect Dier to receive any punishment after the FA chose not to sanction Arsenal’s Matteo Guendouzi for grabbing Brighton striker Neal Maupay around the neck. “I am not going to answer, If I answer I am going to be in trouble and I do not want to be,” added Mourinho on the severity of Dier’s ban. “I will cope with (Toby) Alderweireld, Davinson (Sanchez) and (Jan) Vertonghen.” Dier has played every minute for Tottenham since the Premier League’s restart at centre-back and Mourinho said that is where he plans to keep the England international next season after a long period playing in midfield both for club and country. Tottenham’s Eric Dier has received a four-match ban and been fined £40,000 ($50,000 for climbing into the stands to confront a supporter after his side’s FA Cup exit to Norwich. The England international has been sanctioned by the Football Association on a charge of misconduct for the incident, which happened on March 4. Dier, whose team had just lost a penalty shootout, saw his brother being abused by a fan and jumped to his aid. There was no physical exchange and the matter was not pursued by the police after a brief investigation. “Eric Dier has been suspended for four matches with immediate effect, fined £40,000 and warned as to his future conduct following a breach of FA Rule E3,” it said in a statement. “The Tottenham Hotspur FC player admitted that his actions at the conclusion of a fixture against Norwich City FC in The FA Cup on 4 March 2020 were improper but denied that they were also threatening. “An independent regulatory commission subsequently found Eric Dier’s actions to be threatening.” The punishment rules Dier out for all but one of Spurs’ remaining Premier League games this season, but Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho said he would not appeal despite previously stating he did not believe a ban would be fair. “I don’t think so honestly because if you appeal, you have other risks and at least let’s start next season without a suspension. We all know how it works at these FA decisions,” said Mourinho. Loading… Read Also: Salah keeps Liverpool’s record chase on track “I think he had a strange last season and also a very strange current season,” added Mourinho. “We made a decision together, always with an eye to transforming him to a centre-back which is where he feels happier and more comfortable. “Even on the period on individual work when we were working with the players via Zoom, we were working with him with the idea of being a centre-back. He became much more adapted to the needs of that position.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs15 Photos Of Amazingly Beautiful Mutations7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value8 Fascinating Facts About Coffeelast_img read more

West Indies stumble to second consecutive defeat

first_imgCAPETOWN, South Africa – Defending champions Australia came from behind to beat West Indies by three wickets in a tense match at the Bishops Diocesan Ground in Rondebosch in the Over-50s Cricket World Cup 2020.West Indies were sent in and stumbled to a below-par 168 all out from only 42.1 of their allocated 45 overs, but bounced back nicely to control the second half of the game, only to give it away in the penultimate over and lose with 5 balls to spare.Narine Bidhesi, in his first game of the tournament looked set for a big score but missed a full delivery and was one of the six lbw victims in the innings. The diminutive right-hander stroked 37 from 62 balls with six sweetly timed boundaries that held the middle order together after the West Indies top order again folded meekly.Openers Rajendra Sadeo (3) and Ishwar Maraj (17) we both back in the pavilion with just 30 on the board, as Australia new-ball bowlers extracted bounce and pace on the cloudy and windy morning.West Indies then lost their most established batsman Sudesh Dhaniramn (13) and another debutant Howard Jodhan (0) off consecutive deliveries with the score on 36 in the 12th over and were on the verge of humiliation.However, Bidhesi consolidated and got some small but significant partnerships to add respectability to the score. With Azad Mohammed (12), Bidhesi added 28 for the fifth wicket, 24 with captain Amin Zamin (11) and 41 with Fareed Hosein for the 7th wicket before he was trapped in front in the 34th over.Hosein tried his level best to shepherd the lower order but the defending champions were determined. With a heavy dose of pace-bowling the Aussies wrapped up the West Indies innings quickly with Hosein running out of partners, to end on 37 not out from 55 balls (1×4). Number 11 Kenny Girdharry (14) also showed some fight.Seamers Nick Bole-Brown (3-22), Tony Clark (3-25), Phillip Melville (2-15) and Darren Smith (1-35) shared 9 wickets while left-arm spinner Gary Eisernmenger (1-36) accounted for the other wicket.The West Indies opted for a different approach and mesmerised the Australians with spin on a two-paced track.Dhaniram and Amin shared the new ball and after the first power play (15 overs), Australia scored 30-3 then 81-5 after the second.At that stage the champions were still looking for 88 more from their final 15 overs and partnerships while Joe Santostefano was still there.The compact right-hander faced 66 balls scoring 37 (3×4) in difficult circumstances but just when he was threatening, Amin won a lbw decision and sent him back at 87-6 in the 32nd leaving left-hander Todd O’Keefe to get 82 with the last four batsmen.Eventual Player-of-the-Match, O’Keefe was up for the challenge despite the circumstances. He put on 52 runs for the seventh wicket with Darren Smith 28 (36 balls; 3×4) before Amin struck again this time from the outfield. O’Keefe played the ball to mid-wicket and set off for two with Amin chasing.The West Indies captain picked up with one hand and threw from about 40 yards hitting the stumps direct to spark wild celebration for his team and drooped faces on the opposition. It was 139-7 with 30 needed from 22.O’Keefe who ended on 39 not out from 57 balls (3×4) then became a spectator as Bill Blair (16 not out) smashed 2 fours and one six to end the game with 5 balls to spare.Amin ended with 3-21 while Bidhesi (1-26), Mohammed 1-39) and Fareed Hosein (1-44) supported but could not give West Indies their first win.The defending champions remain unbeaten and will take on Sri Lanka today in round three when the action resumes. West Indies will play Canada and New Zealand take on Zimbabwe to round out Group A matches.In Group B, India take on hosts South Africa; Pakistan come up against Wales and Namibia match skills with England. West Indies Itinerary at Over-50s Cricket World Cup 2020Wednesday, March 11, lost to New Zealand by 36 runsFriday, March 13, lost to Australia by 3 wicketsSunday, March 15 vs CanadaMonday, March 16 vs ZimbabweWednesday, March 18 vs Sri LankaFriday, March 20 Semi-finalTuesday, March 24 Finallast_img read more