Tag: 闵行吴泾发现KB新店

Coconut thief on $5000 bail

first_imgStanleytown, West Bank Demerara resident Carol Bernard was annoyed when a truss of coconuts from one of the trees in her yard was stolen on March 10, 2018. The frustrated woman reported the matter and School Street, Stanleytown resident Kevin Delph was later arrested on allegations that he committed the crime.However, when the 18-year-old defendant appeared at the Wales Magistrate’s Court last week, he denied the larceny allegation and was released on $5000 bail by Magistrate Rushell Liverpool.Delph who works as a mason will make his next court appearance on June 14.last_img

CANU appeals Magistrate’s decision to dismiss drug charge

first_imgWeeks after a 26-year-old businessman of Alberttown, Georgetown was freed of an ecstasy possession charge, the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU) has filed an appeal in the matter, which originally was heard before Senior Magistrate Leron Daly.Darrel JohnDarrel John had been slapped with two charges, and his matters had been tried by Senior Magistrate Leron Daly in that Georgetown Magistrate’s Court. The first charge had alleged that on February 12, 2018, at Alberttown, Georgetown, he had had in his possession two grams of ecstasy. The second charge had alleged that he had sold ecstasy to an underage boy.On August 8, 2019, Senior Magistrate Daly dismissed the possession of ecstasy charge against John, citing insufficient evidence having been presented to the court after she had read submissions made by both John’s attorney, George Thomas, and the CANU prosecutor.She had also noted that ecstasy does not fall under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Control) Act.John’s attorney had contended that ecstasy is made up of methylenedioxymethamphetamine, and not an amphetamine which is illegal under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act of Guyana.According to reports, the child was found in possession of the drug, and upon investigation, a search was conducted at John’s home, where the ecstasy was found in his bedroom.last_img read more

Harambee Stars wine and dine in ‘hustler’s mansion’

first_imgThe country’s second in command has seemingly found some love with the Harambee Stars, inviting them over for breakfast at his residence just less than two days after watching them lift the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup in a nervy penalty shoot-out on Sunday.Harambee Stars players and the Deputy President braved the early morning chill. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluDespite the chilly morning weather, the atmosphere in the reception area was warm, and became warmer when the Deputy called up captain Musa Mohammed, fist-bumping him before handing over the Sh5mn promise in cash.“Tukiwa Machakos niliwaambia ntawapatia barua kidogo, nilimwambia Yule captain. Sindio boss? (When we were in Machakos I told you I would give you something small. Isn’t it so, Captain?). I congratulate you, I congratulate our keeper Matasi (Patrick) he did us proud,” the Deputy President said.The players were elated with the meeting and more so being appreciated in kind by the country’s top leadership.Harambee Stars captain Musa Mohammed made a request to teh Deputy President that Harambee Stars gets a bus. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“For a long time, players were not being appreciated and this is really something great for us. We are very happy and this is a challenge for us to keep working hard. The support is very important and now, the focus is on AFCON,” skipper Mohammed said.When he stood up to speak, Mohammed made a request that the government avails a team bus and with no hesitation, the DP promised that in two weeks it will be sourced.FKF boss Nick Mwendwa however said the bus will be sourced from Germany and it should be in the country in two months time.The high table during Deputy President William Ruto’s breakfast meeting with Harambee Stars. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“It will be a comfortable bus with all necessary gadgets and facilities and finally our players will now be treated with a bit more dignity,” Mwendwa said.Ruto also narrated how the government was almost giving up on football, but says the re-birth of the game which started with the CECAFA win will spur them into more support, including sourcing for sponsors.Tuko Pamoja! Deputy President William Ruto promised to accompany the team if they qualify for the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Cameroon. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“We were almost giving up with this football but now things are looking up. So tafadhali msitulet down. This time round we must go to Cameroon. If you qualify, I will come along,” the DP said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Deputy President William Ruto addresses Harambee Stars players and FKF officials during a breakfast meeting at his official residence in Karen on December 19, 2017. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 19- “For those of you who read the newspaper, you have heard that this place is called ‘the hustler’s mansion’. You are very much welcome here, tukule breakfast kidogo halafu bas.” Those were the welcoming words of Deputy President William Ruto when he welcomes national football team Harambee Stars to his official residence in the outskirts of Nairobi town Tuesday morning.last_img read more