To handle container volume growth at its terminals, US South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) has ordered 26 rubber-tired gantry (RTG) cranes from Finnish manufacturer Konecranes.The cranes will be delivered to SCPA’s Wando Welch Terminal in the Port of Charleston and Inland Port Greer in 2019 and 2020.Under a contract worth USD 46.4 million, the new RTGs will be delivered to the SCPA’s Wando Welch Terminal to support operation modernization plans and increase container yard capacity. Inland Port Greer will receive two of the new cranes to support its continuing volume growth.The wharf modernization project, which would enable the facility to welcome larger ships, will soon be completed. The entire length of the terminal berth will return to full-time operation by the end of July.“This makes our 6th and largest RTG order with Konecranes since 1998. We continue to return to Konecranes as their RTGs have proven to be best in class for their quality construction, operating characteristics and long-term serviceability,” Stevenson E. Kemp, Jr., PE Senior Director, Terminal Strategy, Facility Operations and Maintenance, said.The RTGs on order have a lifting capacity of 50 tons while stacking 1-over-5 containers high and six plus truck lane wide. They will be equipped with technology which eliminates container sway to increase container handling performance. They will also be equipped with the auto-steering and truck lift prevention features, and they will have built-in readiness for special features like stack collision prevention and auto-truck guiding.SCPA’s fiscal year-to-date volumes are nearly 2 percent higher than last year, with record-breaking container volumes handled in April. SCPA has moved 1.8 million TEUs since July, compared to 1.78 million during the same period last fiscal year.
JCD Varsity track traveled to SW Hanover for a 3 way meet also with Trinity Lutheran.Girls Scores: JCD 70, Trinty 44, SW Hanover 38.Boys Scores: SW Hanover 77, Trinity 39, JCD 19.Top performers for JCD. Libby Stenger 4th 100H, 4th 300H, 3rd 200D, 3rd Long jump; Kelsey Bowling 3rd 100D, 3rd 400D, 4tj Long jump; Kerigan Foster 4th 100D, 4th 200D; Elyse Hunger 1st 1600M-6:18, 1st 3200M; Shianna Bellingham 2nd 1600m; Taylor Wilhoit 4th 400D, 4th High Jump; Christina Bellingham 2nd 3200M; Rosie Newhart 1st Disc 90’11”, 1st Shot 33’10”; Elizabeth Newhart 2nd Shot; Morgan Carroll 3rd shot, 3rd disc; and Kelsey Sebastian 4th Disc, 4th Shot.Men. Chris Douglas 3rd Disc; Caleb Schwier 3rd 110H, 3rd 300H; Quienten Comer 3rd 100D; Micheal Schmitt 3rd 400D, 2nd Disc; Nathan Laswell 4th 3200; and Adrian Peetz 2nd long jump, 2nd high jump.Courtesy of Eagles Coach Larry Hammond.
Lawrenceburg, In. — The Whiskey City Competitive Cycling Challenge returns to Southeast Indiana today to the streets of downtown Lawrenceburg. Competition is scheduled from 1 to 9 p.m.Attendees can view the races on a closed course that is a flat and very fast .67-mile loop throughout downtown, with parking available throughout the Walnut and High Street areas. The event will also offer food and beverages available for purchase, as well as free live music.The first race begins at 1 pm, followed by additional races, with the last race starting at 9. A kids’ race will also be offered beginning at 1:45 pm. For more details about the kid’s race click here.For more information on the Whiskey City Challenge, visit the event website here. To learn more about things to do in Southeast Indiana this summer, contact the Dearborn County Visitors Center at 800-322-8198, check the website or follow us on Facebook.
PRESIDENT of the Athletics Association of Guyana (AAAG) Aubrey Hutson, along with Director of Sport Christopher Jones, agreed that the June 3-4 South American Youth American Championships, which will be hosted at the Leonora Track and Field Centre, will be a ‘litmus test’ for the two entities.For the AAG, Huston said that it will be a test to see whether or not his association has the ability to execute a major event; an important one for the IAAF and their South American Athletics Confederation (CONSUDATLE) affiliate, while Jones said for the National Sports Commission and the Government of Guyana, it will be a test to see if they’re ready to invest in an event of such magnitude; one that will bring together the 13 countries in South America.In fact, it is the first time an event of such nature and scale will be held in Guyana. The closest Guyana came to see several countries participate at the Leonora facility was during last year’s hosting of the inaugural Aliann Pompey Invitational Classic.“To have international championships of this magnitude hosted in Guyana, it gives an opportunity to showcase Guyana and our tourism package,” Jones said at the launching of the championships yesterday in Georgetown.“Our athletes over the years have been performing at their best, as we would have seen by those at the just concluded CARIFTA Games and of course those athletes will be on show in Guyana.Guyanese have to come out and support our athletes at these events, but, more so as I often state, it is apposite to believe that government and government alone has the responsibility to develop sports in Guyana,” Jones said, while making a call for corporate agencies to get on board.Banks DIH, under their Powerade and Rainforest Waters brands, are on board, as well as Ministry of Tourism, but Jones made it clear that the enormous budget, which the Government of Guyana through the NSC is prepared to heavily subsidise, leaves room for other agencies to come on board..Meanwhile, for Hutson, the AAG boss, pointed out that the championships being hosted in Guyana was a testimony of the country’s athletes performing well at several international engagements, especially at the 2015 South American Championships, hosted in Ecuador and this year’s CARIFTA Games.“We’ve demonstrated that we’re an athletic nation and that’s done not by the number of stadiums we have around the country but by the performance of our athletes. Now South America is ready to come visit because they think we have the calibre of athletes to give them a good championship,” Hutson explained.However, the AAG president explained that hosting the premier event on the CONSUDATLE calendar, comes with parameters at a magnitude beyond his knowledge of athletics and to some extent, hosting events.“We were competing with Chile for these championships and why Guyana got the nod was because what we thought would’ve been bad for us, was good for them (CONSUDATLE). We’re below sea level. With that said, they (CONSUDATLE) feel that the distance athletes coming out of countries like Peru and Colombia, they think they can run faster here since this will also be a qualifier for the IAAF World Championship coming up in August (5-13),” said Hutson.An estimated 350 athletes, according to the AAG, will be in Guyana for the historic hosting of one of South America’s most anticipated championship.
USC will participate in the ITA Kickoff Weekend in Los Angeles this weekend, beginning tournament play against UNC Wilmington Saturday. “Take a look at our schedule, it is jam-packed,” Masi said. “Every match is loaded … [and] every match is going to be a big one.” The Trojans will need to keep proving Masi’s confidence right as they look ahead toward a season in which they still have to face the No. 2 Texas Longhorns and No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes, along with Pac-12 foes such as UCLA, Stanford and No. 14 California. “Daniel is just playing with a super high confidence level right now,” head coach Brett Masi said. “After a great fall [season], he is ranked No. 1 in the country … [It] gave him a big boost … And now coming back here and winning this first tournament to start off the spring … that’s a big boost going in the right direction.” Cukierman won singles play by beating No. 18 sophomore Alexandre Rotsaert from Stanford in a tightly contested matchup 6-3, 4-6, 6-1. Masi claims Cukierman’s consistent attitude is a big reason for his success. Cukierman’s play, especially, garnered praise. The seven Trojans participating in the tournament were No. 1 junior Daniel Cukierman, No. 9 sophomore Mor Bulis, No. 26 senior Riley Smith (only doubles), No. 37 freshman Stefan Dostanic, No. 64 freshman Ryder Jackson, No. 84 sophomore Jake Sands (only singles) and sophomore Bradley Frye. The win marks the second tournament that the Cukierman and Smith duo has won this year, as the two Trojans won the Oracle Pro Series Tournament just over a week ago. “He is going out there with a sense of urgency every match, where he wants to compete hard and win,” Masi said of Cukierman’s poise. “He is leaving his legacy right now.” A host of Trojans found success on the tennis courts last weekend in Thousand Oaks despite facing tough competition. The No. 3 ranked USC men’s team competed against the No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies, No. 11 UCLA Bruins and No. 12 Stanford Cardinal in the Sherwood Collegiate Cup. The junior also paired up with Smith to beat crosstown rival UCLA in a close match against No. 7 junior Keegan Smith and sophomore Govind Nanda. Cukierman and Smith won the match 7-5. “We had a couple good wins by Mor Bulis … He beat a good player from Stanford,” Masi said. “I’m pretty happy with a lot of the guys on the team.” Junior Daniel Cukierman helped secure the men’s singles and doubles championship over the weekend. (Daily Trojan file photo) Bulis, Dostanic and Jackson also fared well at the tournament. Bulis easily beat No. 54 sophomore Sangeet Sridhar from Stanford in the Round of 16 6-3, 6-1. Dostanic reached the quarterfinal before losing to his teammate Cukierman 6-2, 2-6, 6-1. Lastly, Jackson and Bulis reached the semifinal before falling to UCLA’s duo of Smith and Nanda 6-3.
Photo © Pixabay Rafael Nadal has the chance to win a record 10th French Open men’s singles title this afternoon.He takes on Stan Wawrinka in the final at Roland Garros.Nadal has been trying to play down the significance of achieving “La Decima” – saying he’s already made enough history. Stan Wawrinka believes playing Rafael Nadal in the final of the French Open is the biggest challenge in tennis.Wawrinka’s won the title in Paris once before.But he knows he’s got his work cut out against Nadal.
Monaco has snapped up teenage goalkeeper Alvaro Fernandez Llorente from Osasuna on a three-year deal, the Ligue 1 club announced Tuesday.The 19-year-old, a Spanish age grade international, played last season with the club’s reserve side, going on to make one La Liga appearance as a replacement.Llorente becomes the French champions’ sixth goalkeeper with Croatia international Danijel Subasic, Swiss veteran Diego Benaglio, Loic Badiashile and Seydou Sy, with Paul Nardi out on loan with Cercle Brugge in the Belgian second division.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) who also doubles as CAF’s Vice President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick has been selected to lead FIFA/CAF Normalisation team to GhanaGhana’s football has been in near crisis situation after former President and CAF Vice President, Kwesi Nyantakyi was forced to step down from the posts after been implicated in a bribe taking filmed by controversial Ghanaian journalist Anas.Attempts by the government to dissolve GFA and conduct fresh elections was opposed by FIFA and a compromise has been reached with a Normalisation Committee to be put in place to run GFA until the present tenure expires. THISDAY learnt that Pinnick was handed a letter from FIFA yesterday to proceed to Accra in company with three others in order to install the committee. FIFA’s General Secretary Fatma Samoura signed Pinnick’s letter to lead the delegation to Ghana today.Others on the entourage include; the Director, Member Associations of the Confederation of African Football Veron Mosengo Omba and Mr Nicola Luca who is the Manager Member Associations are part of the team headed by the Nigeria FA boss.In August the government of Ghana sent a delegation to Zurich and met with officials of FIFA, comprising its President, Gianni Infantino, Samoura.Both parties agreed to a road map to reform Ghana football after the sting operation which implicated several FA members, Referee and even some other top shots in the country’s sports sector.The agreement ended nearly nine weeks of uncertainty about the government’s planned action to clean up the game in the county and ban threat from FIFA over the government’s intervention.Similar ban threat was also hanging over Nigeria until the government responded adequately through the office of the then Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo in spite of the position personally taken by Nigeria’s Sports Minister Solomon Dalung.When the government and FIFA met in Zurich during the period both sides agreed the withdrawal of a legal suit to dissolve the Ghana Football Association and the establishment of a normalisation committee to oversee the reforms.The normalisation committee is to be established to replace GFA Executive Committee headed by Nyantakyi whose members were forced to leave office following the corruption scandal.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Amaju Pinnick
UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Related Articles Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Share Submit UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020 Mirroring Labour and Lib-Dem pledges, the Conservative Party states that it will sanction a review of the Gambling Act after publishing its ‘Get Brexit Done – Unleash Britain’s Potential’ General Election 2019 manifesto.Speaking in Telford (Shropshire) this Sunday, PM Boris Johnson presented the 60-page document outlining how the Conservative government would ‘forge a new Britain’ outside of EU restraints.A confident PM underlined that should the Conservative Party secure a majority, he would instruct Parliament to bring his negotiated Brexit deal forward, allowing the UK to leave the EU by January 2020.Central to the manifesto, the Conservative Party seeks to update the UK’s digital codes, stating that it will ‘legislate to make the UK the safest place in the world to be online’.In his speech, Johnson underlined that the government will protect children from online harms and ‘the most vulnerable from accessing harmful content’.Pointing to the Gambling Act, Johnson said that its mandate had become an ‘analogue law in a digital age’. “We will review it”, he added before explaining that this review on legislative make-up will cover loot boxes and ‘credit card misuse’.UK youth charities and the Children Commissioner of England have raised concerns over the lack of regulation attached to loot boxes, described as randomised in-game purchases which can mirror gambling mechanisms.At present, Parliament awaits the conclusion of the House of Lords’ Select Committee’s research around the Social and Economic Impact of the Gambling Industry’ on UK society. In its latest hearing, the Lords Committee probed former gambling addicts on their access to loans and credit financing – detailing how they could bypass systems.
Wellington Police notes for Thursday, June 4, 2015â€¢12:29 a.m. Officers took a report of suspicious activity in the 800 block E. 8th, Wellington.â€¢On May 30, 2015 at 12:56 a.m. Jarrod S. Miller, 33, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for driving while license is suspended.â€¢5:42 a.m. Officers took a report of domestic dispute by known suspect(s) in the 1100 block N. C, Wellington.â€¢11:12 a.m. Officers took a report of a mental subject in the 900 block N. Blaine, Wellington.â€¢4:03 p.m. Brenda L. Goodman, 55, Wellington was arrested, charged and confined with eight felony counts of mistreatment of a dependent adult, 11 misdemeanor counts of mistreatment of a dependent adult and two misdemeanor counts of intimidation of a witness in the 300 block N. Jefferson, Wellington.â€¢4:19 p.m. Officers investigated criminal damage to a light bulb in the 200 block E. Kansas, Wellington.â€¢4:42 p.m. Annette R. Smith, 35, Pratt, was arrested, charged and bonded with driving while license is suspended and speeding 55 mph in a 45 mph zone.â€¢On June 3, 2015 at 9:25 p.m. Michelle T. Fourniea, 57, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for defective headlight.â€¢7:41 p.m. Officers investigated a theft of tools in the 200 block W. 4th, Wellington.â€¢8:53 p.m. Officers investigated a rheft in the 2000 block E. 16th, Wellington of a cell phone by unknown suspect(s).â€¢11:25 p.m. Officers took a report of an overdose in the 200 block E. Cherry Blossom, Wellington.