It’s still not too late to sign up for the LYIT Campus to Campus Charity Cycle which takes place on Saturday, 24 May.It’s a 75 km cycle from the School of Tourism campus in Killybegs to the Letterkenny campus, and all are welcome to take part – even if they aren’t a student or staff member of LYIT.This year the proceeds will go to the Donegal Branch of the MS Society of Ireland and Blood Bikes North West (a voluntary group of motorbike enthusiasts who transport necessary medical items between hospitals, clinics and blood transfusion banks). If you would like to give to these worthy causes or take part in the cycle, contact Maeve at email@example.com or 074 918 6342. Pictured are last year’s cyclists as they headed off from Killybegs. STILL TIME TO GET ON YOUR BIKE FOR KILLYBEGS TO LETTERKENNY CYCLE was last modified: May 7th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:cycledonegalLYIT
Fulham named an unchanged line-up for their visit to Wolves.Slavisa Jokanovic has unsurprisingly stuck with the same team that thrashed Reading 5-0 last time out.It means Denis Odoi, back from suspension, has to make do with a place on the bench.Former Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald starts on his return to Molineux.The hosts name 19-year-old Harry Burgoyne in goal for his full debut, with Carl Ikeme and former Whites keeper Andy Lonergan both injured.Defender Richard Stearman, who is on loan from Fulham, is ineligible to face his parent club so Kortney Hause returns.They are the only two changes from the side that beat QPR as Wolves look to complete a west London double.Wolves: Burgoyne; Iorfa, Baath, Hause, Doherty; Edwards, Saiss, Coady; Helder Costa, Dicko, Ivan Cavaleiro.Subs: Flatt, Borthwick-Jackson, Price, Saville, Teixeira, Enobakhare, Bodvarsson.Fulham: Button; Fredericks, Ream, Kalas, Malone; McDonald, Johansen; Aluko, Cairney, Ayite; Martin.Subs: Bettinelli, Odoi, Sigurdsson, Sessegnon, Parker, Kebano, Piazon. Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest As the latest Crop Progress Report showed, there is still some meat on the bone for corn and soybean planting in Ohio. Beck’s PFR Agronomist for Ohio, Alexandra Knight, says we are still within the window of planting both crops, but has some recommendations for the later planted soybean fields. The Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins has more.
The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Tags:#mobile#news#web What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Related Posts AT&T has just announced its intention to buy T-Mobile USA from parent company Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at approximately $39 billion. Both boards of directors have approved the deal, which would make AT&T the largest wireless company in the United States, assuming the deal passes regulator approval.The acquisition will allow AT&T to improve network quality for both companies’ customers, says AT&T, while also enabling it to expand its 4G/LTE deployment to 95% of the U.S. population.The rollout of LTE enabled by the deal would reach an additional 46.5 million Americans, AT&T reports, including small towns and rural communities. T-Mobile does not have a clear path for rolling out LTE, the wireless firm said. After the acquisition completes, AT&T would be able to deliver LTE to over 294 million people.Randall Stephenson, AT&T Chairman and CEO, notes the importance of this move, explaining that “mobile broadband networks drive economic opportunity everywhere, and they enable the expanding high-tech ecosystem that includes device makers, cloud and content providers, app developers, customers, and more. During the past few years, Americas high-tech industry has delivered innovation at unprecedented speed, and this combination will accelerate its continued growth.”AT&T also pointed out via its press release that the LTE rollout would help achieve the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and President Obamas goals to connect every part of America to the digital age.Business Insider calculated the customer numbers involved in this deal, noting that at the end of 2010, AT&T had 95.5 million wireless subscribers and T-Mobile had 33.7 million subscribers. Their new combined total would be 129.2 million subscribers. In comparison, Verizon Wireless had 94.1 million wireless customers.But the news isn’t all rosy, cautions Forrester research analyst Charles Golvin.AT&T’s acquisition of T-Mobile, if approved, brings good news and bad news. The good news: high-speed mobile broadband service will improve in quality and coverage, including in the long run those in rural communities outside the reach of terrestrial broadband today. The bad news: the cost of that service won’t come down nearly as fast as customers would like, since AT&T and Verizon Wireless combined would own nearly three out of every four wireless subscriptions in the US. While clearly troublesome for Sprint and other mobile smaller mobile competitors, It’s also bad news for cable operators, whose incipient mobility products will suffer in comparison to what AT&T and Verizon can offer.T-Mobile customers, of course, just want to know if this new deal means they can finally get the iPhone, but there’s no word on that just yet. Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement sarah perez
The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday ordered a probe into allegations of liquor distribution and belly dancing at an official event of the Lala Lajpat Rai Medical College on Monday. An alumni association event of the Meerut-based medical college had a performance by Russian belly dancers. However, the organisers said they saw nothing wrong and rejected allegations that an ambulance was used to fetch liquor for the event.Minister for State Medical and Technical Education Ashutish Tandon, announced an official probe. “It is an extremely unfortunate incident. It should not have happened,” he told the press on Tuesday. “I have constituted a probe committee which will be headed by the director general of medical education. Action will certainly be taken once the committee submits its report.”A video footage of the incident, which went viral, shows an ambulance loaded with cartons of liquor parked on the premises of the medical college.The event which was held to mark the golden jubilee of the LLRMC’s 1967 batch, was organised by the doctors of the 1992 batch.Dr. Parvez from the organising committee for the event defended the belly dance. He said that all the required permissions, like obtaining the licence for a one-day bar and applying for permission from the college and local administration, were completed in advance. “There was nothing illegal or wrong in having belly dance, which is a form of art. The event had nothing to do with the medical college,” he said. “We strongly reject the allegation and insinuation that ambulance was used to fetch liquor. I repeat, no ambulance was used to transport liquor,” said Dr. Parvez.
West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chairperson Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday issued an invitation but with conditions to the Congress to join the recently launched Federal Front. The party could join the Front if it accepted her formula of “one-is-to-one”, Ms. Banerjee said. Speaking on a live video chat on social media on Tuesday, Ms. Banerjee indicated that she was not too keen at this stage to accept Congress president Rahul Gandhi’s leadership, arguing that her future actions would be guided by the decision of the people. Targeting Opposition parties, Ms Banerjee said the violence during the filing of nominations for the panchayat polls (which concluded on Monday) was masterminded by the Bharatiya Janata Party and Communist Party of India-Marxist . Seat-sharing formulaSpeaking extensively about the future of the Federal Front, Ms Banerjee said, instead of the TMC joining a Congress-led front in the run up to the 2019 election, the Congress “should” join her Federal Front as there was a precedence of such a front in the past.“Congress can be part of the Federal Front but they will have to accept the one-is-to-one formula [of putting up one candidate of united Opposition against the BJP]. They [Congress] cannot contest in every seat,” said Ms. Banerjee. “Federal Front will work with a Common Minimum Agenda. Even in the past [also] Deve Gowda became the Prime Minister [under] similar arrangement. Whichever party wishes can support later,” she noted.‘Need to coordinate’“We have to remember that in today’s context, Congress cannot do anything alone…on its own…and there many parties like ours, like Mayawati’s, Like Sharad Pawar’s…Congress will have to coordinate,” she said.On the question of accepting Rahul Gandhi’s leadership she gave a nuanced answer. “How can [I] say anything about such demands? I am not a big leader but my point is clear — people will decide their leader. I will be guided by the people,” said Ms Banerjee. Explaining why she opposed the Congress’ move to impeach the Chief Justice of Supreme Court, she said, “I said it is wrong to push it. They do not have majority and thus the move will collapse. It is not reasonable to go against the judiciary in such a manner. Court is pronouncing so many things against us, but have I ever criticised them?”
The Tripura government has sounded an alert across the state, following an outbreak of dengue fever in neighbouring Bangladesh, a top official said on August 5. The administration has come up with an advisory for people travelling to Bangladesh from the State.“After we came to know about the outbreak in Bangladesh, we have issued an alert in all the eight districts. We have also launched an awareness campaign and made arrangements to fight the disease,” Secretary of the Health Department, Debasish Basu, told PTI. Bangladesh is facing one of its worst-ever dengue fever outbreaks, with the government confirming 15,369 such cases since January 1. Of those, 9,683 patients were diagnosed between July 1 and July 30.“The government is working to tackle dengue,” Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had recently told an emergency meeting of the ruling Awami League party. Custom officials said on an average, around 1,200 Bangladesh nationals travel to and fro the neighbouring country through eight check posts every day.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 26th 2017-Providenciales: Porsha Smith’s allegation against Tourism Minister, Ralph Higgs failing to declare the exact value, or his interest in the Silver Palms Hotel, during his budget presentation is enough reason for him to resign immediately. In filing a complaint before the Integrity Commission on Wednesday afternoon, Smith read the statement where she says the Silver Palms Hotel and Promenade project, located in Bottle Creek, North Caicos, was initially listed for US$550,000.00, but only when quizzed, the minister had to confirm the actual figure at US$850,000.00. Smith is of the belief that Higgs is able to enhance the value of his investment from his current portfolio, as the addition of the government funded Promenade project will “hug his personal project, thus increasing the value of his investment”.However, in response to the allegation, Tourism Minister Ralph Higgs explained to Magnetic Media that a formal statement is coming. Minister Higgs also said” that it is unfortunate that individuals would chose to play politics with the economic lives of the people in North Caicos”.#MagneticMediaNews#RalphShouldResign#SilverPalmsHotelAndPromenade
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho bemoans their lack of activity in the last transfer window, saying “everyone improved except us”.United failed to sign their center-back targets in the summer transfer window, Mourinho, however, managed to bring in Fred and Diogo Dalot spending £80m in the process.Except for Tottenham Hotspur, the top six clubs were all active in the last window, and the Portuguese boss believes United are behind their rivals because of their lack of signings, arguing that Spurs already had a quality team.“The distance [between United and top four] is something I couldn’t predict,” Mourinho told Sky Sports.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“You always think in a positive way, you always think the distance is not going to be so big.“But I said clearly, last season we didn’t get the credit we deserved. To finish second, to play the FA Cup final and to qualify as winners in our Champions League group – we didn’t get the credit we deserved at all.“All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn’t.”