In Thursday’s first contest of the second round of the NCAA Tournament, No. 3 seed Notre Dame held off a wild rally from No. 14 seed Northeastern to prevail, 69-65. The Irish, more known for their offensive prowess, had to lock down defensively on the Huskies’ final possession to eke out the victory. Following the game, head coach Mike Brey kicked off his locker room speech by clarifying just how important a victory it was for the team.Here’s a clip from our locker room after our 2nd-round NCAA win. Stay tuned to @WatchND for full video. #NotDoneYet pic.twitter.com/5a1HuQW7Uz— Notre Dame MBB (@NDmbb) March 19, 2015Notre Dame has had a tough time advancing in the NCAA Tournament over the years, so this was a big hump for the program. How far can the Irish go?
- Exclusive: I hope the recognition for women cricketers doesn’t die down, says Sania Mirza
- Jamie Vardy fit to play in Leicester City’s clash against Sheffield United, says manager Craig Shakespeare
- This is my last fight, declares Floyd Mayweather after surpassing Rocky Marciano’s record with 50-0
- Italy to face Sweden in 2018 World Cup playoff
- ‘Unfit’ Mohammad Amir picked for T20 series vs Sri Lanka